Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Mom Who Planted Seeds


When I think of someone who is dedicated to loving her family and being sacrificial with time, I think of my mother. As she raised me to love Jesus and love people, she had no idea what she was getting herself into once I got married and we started our own family.
My mother loved me growing up in ways that have effected me forever. She patiently walked through my difficult stages of childhood, not giving up on me and always helping me to honor the Lord in all that I do. When I was very young, my mom was very consistent in helping me see that God put her and my dad in charge, and that led to my understanding of God being in charge of all things in my life and that he works all things together for the good of those who love him. 
All that training to love Jesus and love people gave way to me loving orphans. Now, she's a grandma to several grandchildren, and two of them are adopted by the grace of God.
Now, as I have kids of my own, my mom has served me in ways that still blow my mind. She lives out the truth that all time belongs to God, even if that means dropping her giant to-do list to come watch kids for me to go to the doctor. ( or help me with bedtime, or the afternoon tantrums, or when I'm sick, or when the kids are sick or....everything!) 
 Give this woman a Diet Coke and she's ready to take on anything.
My mom showed me that all the hard work of motherhood is worth the waiting. Planting seeds and trusting God is what he calls us to. Thank you mom for loving me! I am so grateful for you!

Happy Mother's Day!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment