Monday, July 16, 2012

My Boys

Look at my boys. Their newborn similarities melt my heart to pieces. Haddon, what a sweet boy you were, I miss you today. Sometimes when I glance in the rear view mirror and see the car seat that holds Ernie, I picture another car seat next to him that could be holding a little one year old Haddon. I'd be asking him to keep his hands out of brother's face, or something like that:)
Sometimes I give Ernie Brooks a tight squeeze and remember God has sustained him and he is such a gift to us, along with any other children that may come our way. Sometimes I whisper to him about big brother, how he's with Jesus and much happier than he or I could ever be right now. My dad's sketches of Haddon sit above Ernie's changing table, and Ernie's eyes often glance in that direction as he wobbles around during his diaper changes. We like to think he's looking at the sketches.
These frames of them hang on the wall of my parents house side by side, and my heart just wells up every single time I go over there.
My boys, my boys. I love these two boys.

1 comment:

  1. What precious pictures! I love the tribute to your sons that are present in your home. I am so blessed by your faith and your children will be too. Its wonderful that little Ernie can learn about his big brother and the faithfulness that God has shown to him and you through Hadden's journey to heaven. I love and miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete