Monday, January 2, 2012

Introducing Our Second Son


UPDATE:) If you're reading this post for the first time we changed our son's name and used Ernie's name, it's Ernie Brooks. You can read that wonderful story HERE
But I didn't want to delete the post I had before, so here's what I wrote before we made the change:

Today was an exciting event. We went to go see if we were having a boy or girl. Well, Ernie and I are so proud to introduce you to our second little boy, Judson. He made sure we could tell who he was. His middle name is still up in the air, but it might be Brooks. The day began with Ernie coming home from a night shift, he was going to sleep until 12:30...which was already earlier than he should be getting up. But Ernie trotted out of the bedroom at 10am, apparently sleeping maybe an hour all morning, saying "I can't sleep I'm too exited." We soon ventured to the doctor's office, thankful to God as we watched our little boy move around on the screen. I'm so in love already.

Judson's name comes from a great Missionary to India in the early 1800s, Adoniram Judson. We've been encouraged by how he treasured Heaven more than this life, the lengths he went to reach a lost people and plead for them to know Christ, leaving the comforts of America. If you're looking to read a biography, there's a great one on his life called To The Golden Shore.

 Thank you to our friends who decorated my house blue today:)
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us to trust God with this baby.


3 comments:

  1. Based off of the ultrasound I would say he is going to be a handsome little man!! We will have to introduce him to Story in hopes of a fairytale life together :)

    Love the picture of his precious little feet and toes that have been kicking you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Lisa! I am so excited and thankful for little Judson, and I love where his name came from. I pray for him all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures!! We are super excited for you guys and think of you often. Super cute smile!!!

    ReplyDelete