Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Explanation to a Big Change


I remember meeting Ernie for the very first time. I was invited by a friend to come to the house Ernie lived at with a few other guys for their Tuesday night church get together. What I remember most about that night was that Ernie stood out amongst everyone as this wonderful man, not just wonderful but I could tell he was really precious. I'd never met a man who's love for Jesus could be sensed instantly by just being in the same room with him. Nothing has ever, ever caught my attention like Ernie, and I remember losing sleep and consuming all my day dreaming about him. Less than I year later I experienced a huge kindness from God that I did not deserve and I got to become Ernie's wife, and experience Ernie's precious love and leadership in our family for as long as we both shall live. Ernie's desire to honor Christ in his decisions and life is a huge grace of God you can see in him. And every time Ernie and I meet someone new and I say "This is my husband Ernie", in my head I always want to add "And can't you tell already how stunning his heart is? And isn't he gorgeous?" :)

The last few weeks I've thought about our second son and his name. But my thoughts were heavy on his name especially last night. You see, Judson was this missionary that really captured both Ernie and I, both in his conviction for the lost and his prayer life. What had drawn us to this name was a life we'd read and learned about and felt it would be wonderful to give to our son. But last night my heart suddenly didn't want to pass up giving our son a name from his father, who helps me love Jesus more everyday than anyone in history I've learned from. And deep down this was certainly something Ernie wanted for a son.
So, because he was on a night shift and I couldn't sleep, we had to make something very official through text message:

Ernie: Well, what do you think of Ernie Brooks?

Lisa: I think Ernie Brooks is really cute, I really want to do it.

Ernie: When can I tell people that name has changed?

Lisa: Are we making this official now?

Ernie: As long as you are 100 percent.

Lisa: We'd better make this official now, I don't have much pregnancy time left to think through it anymore!

Ernie: Did you tell the baby his name changed?

Lisa: Oh, I should definitely do that.

And then, 15 minutes after suggesting I should really get some sleep:

Ernie: I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Lisa: I know I can't sleep!

So, I'd like to re-introduce our son to you. Our little Ernie Brooks Blanco. He's due in 8 weeks:)
The name Judson will probably be saved if God gives us another boy, we'll see.

Our poor niece who's been working so hard on saying "Judson", sorry sweetie!



3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! How precious! What a testimony to the kind of man the Lord has shaped Ernie to be. May your son follow in the steps of a Godly father and husband your E is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...and that comment was not from my hubby but from me...signed in under the wrong account :)

    -kendall hinton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, how cute! I bet little Ernie will be a "chip off the ole block!" What a sweet post! You are just too cute, Lisa!
    Better tell EVERYONE who got "Judson" personalized baby gifts FAST! LOL Or save those gifts for your future Judson. ;)
    Love you guys and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete