Saturday, May 12, 2012

To The Women Who Struggle This Mothers Day

Perhaps this Mother's Day is difficult for you and your heart is exhausted from all the celebration. I know that feeling. Last year was my very first Mother's Day, it had also been just a bit more than a month since I had lost my firstborn. I remember going to church was too painful so I spent the day with Ernie. Now each Mother's day will come with the desire to have my little Haddon with me as his daddy and siblings gather to say how much they love me. How sweet it would have been to have him today. If you are approaching today having lost a child, or you have longed for a child and cannot have one, you should know your pain never goes unseen by the Lord. I pray that you hold on to this truth today:

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
Psalm 34:18

One thing I keep tucked away during days like this is that while the Lord is gathered with families celebrating with their mother, He is also gathered with the families who are mourning.The Lord is able to both rejoice and weep with his children at the same time. Remember that when the Lord says he is near to the brokenhearted, it is a promise he keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment