Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Household Tricks You Learn as a Wife

One fun thing about being a wife is learning along the way what works and what doesn't, in things like cleaning or cooking.

I've come across two helpful tips lately, one having to do with microfiber couches and another having to do with stainless steel cookware.

How to give your microfiber couches a good clean:

1. Vacuum first.
2.  Spray rubbing alcohol on to the surface and rub with a clean soft sponge (white sponge)
3. Let the area dry completely
4. Scrub with a soft scrub brush in a circular motion to fluff the fabric back to looking great.

The technique sounds weird, but this is where I got it and they have before and after photos:  http://chrisandrobinsnest.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-clean-microfiber-furniture.html

I know I'm trying it!

How to clean burns in stainless steel pots and pans:

1. Bring water and 1/4 cup white vinegar to a boil, about a half hour. 

2. Empty contents out of the pan and pour in some Bartenders Friend powder and scrub with a sponge. If the burn is pretty bad I'd just repeat the process a couple times.


I burned a ton of rice in my stainless steel pot so I'm in the process of boiling the water, but the Bartender's Friend took the stains off the outside wonderfully!



1 comment:

  1. great tips! I use rubbing alcohol on my furniture and carpet, it works great :)

    ReplyDelete